Grab & Go covering configuration of an approval workflow for changes to your internal catalogs.
Define catalog Approvers
- From the ‘Company Users’ tab, select to create or edit an existing user.
- Enter the basic user information and select the Approver role or any combination of roles that include ‘Approver’.
- Only Master Admins can create other Master Admins and Administrators.
- If the approver is also a Marketplace shopper you must assign a ‘Content View’. Otherwise this is optional.
Define approvers for each applicable catalog
- From each Catalog’s settings, assign an Approver(s).
- Click ‘Approvers’ to select and assign approvers from the list of predefined users.
- You may assign multiple approvers to a single catalog. In this case, the first approver to review and approve changes, removes the requirement for other approvers.
- Save your changes.
Define Approval Rules
Configure when the system should generate email notifications for content Approvers to review and approve or reject catalogs that they have been assigned as approvers for. This approval applies to new catalogs or updates to existing catalogs awaiting approval before being pushed ‘LIVE’.
- Select Company Settings off the drop-down menu by clicking on it.
- Scroll down to the Approval Workflow of the Company Settings area.
- Expand the Approval Workflow area by clicking on the carrot.
- “For any change to required field in catalogs and/or quotes” If there is a change to the mandatory fields of an item that already exists in the previous version of the catalog, then an email notification will be sent to the assigned Approver to approve or reject this type of change if this box is checked.
- “For any new item added to catalog and/or quotes” If there is a new item being added to the catalog or quote, then an email notification will be sent to the assigned Approver to approve or reject if this box is checked.
- “If price changes more than X percent in catalogs and/or quotes” Master Administrators can specify a percentage (%) value if the price of an existing item changes by more than the specified percentage value. An email notification will be sent to the assigned Approver to approve or reject if this box is checked.
- If you check the last box, you may choose to update the percentage value.
See Catalog Administrator guide for how to approve or reject catalog content.
Download and share this grab & go!