Create a custom field at the line item or document level. Configurations can be found in the Administrator panel under Documents -> Custom Fields. All existing custom fields can be updated, deleted or inactivated from this view.
Once you've reviewed the process, put what you've learned to work by downloading the practice workflow attached below.
To get started ‘Create a Custom Field’. The following steps will require review or completion.
Complete all required details in the custom field record.
- Complete the ‘Field Name’.
- Select ‘Type’
- If ‘List’ is selected as a Custom Field Type, Administrators may elect to designate a Default List type value.
- Decide when and how the Custom View is seen. ‘Required’: Set a Requirement for the Custom field based on Supplier or Category(s). Once toggled on, select from existing master data.
- Toggle on to assign custom fields to all line items.
- Select which documents to associate with the custom field.
Any Custom fields associated with a document type will also then display within that document types sub-classification on the Custom Field view.
Download the full Grab & Go & practice work!