While in the Create Purchase Request screen, you have the ability to add Line Items to an existing Purchase Request. This section addresses how to add a Free Text Request Non-Catalog Line Item. If you would like to start a new Free Text Request from the Homepage, refer to the various Create a Free Text Request sections available.
1. From the Create a Purchase Request screen, scroll down to reveal the Line Item Overview.
2. Click the Add Line Item button. The Line Item Details screen will pop up to be completed.
3. The Show Optional Fields box can be left unchecked. You have the ability to check this box to reveal additional data such as the line item Long Text and Product ID fields depending on your organization’s specific Purchase Manager configurations.
4. Input the following required General Information:
a. Type: The Line Item Type is either a Product or Service when adding a Free Text Line Item. You may create mixed service and product Requests. Blanket and Invoice Plan Line Items cannot be mixed, and in this situation should not be added to an existing Request.
b. Category: This lists all the preset options for your organization. Start typing in the first digits of the Category or Category description and make the selection using the drop down menu. Choose the Category that best fits what you are ordering.
c. Description: Type in the description of the Product or Service being requested.
d. Unit/Service Price: Input the value of the product or service, leaving off special characters like “$” and commas. Decimal points are OK.
e. Currency: This area is defaulted.
f. Quantity: The amount of the product or service to be used.
g. UoM: The unit of measure is defaulted to each (EA) for products, and Activity Unit (AU) for Services, however this can be changed manually.
h. Recommended Supplier: The supplier you recommend to the buying teams to be used—start typing either the Vendor ID number or Vendor Name. You must make a selection from the drop down menu instead of using this as a free text area.
i. Delivery Date/Service Period: For products, this is defaulted by your organization’s Administrator to 30 days in the future. For services, make an educated guess of a Date Range and input a Service Period using the calendar function.
5. If needed, input some or all of the following Accounting information:
a. Split Account Assignment: Splitting the Account Assignment is optional to use when required for the Request. Choose how to split your Account Assignment—choices include None, by Quantity, by Value, and by Percent. If split, the fields will update and require more information based on your selection.
b. Account Category: This will default to the Cost Object designated by your company’s Administrator. Your selection will update the following drop down menu to reflect your choice.
c. Cost Object: This selection automatically populates to your default Cost Object, but will vary based on your selection of the Account Category. The Cost Object drop down can be updated by choosing the options on the drop down menu.
d. G/L Account: If this is required by your organization, start typing the first few characters of the General Ledger Account number or description to reveal a drop down list provided by your organization. Make the appropriate selection using the drop down menu. If you don’t know what GL Account to choose, contact your finance team.
6. All of your Company Info is defaulted for you, but can be updated if needed.
7. Update the following required tax information (if needed):
a. Tax Code: The Tax Code will automatically default, but you are able to make changes when necessary.
b. Tax Value: No value needs to be entered in this area.
8. Click the Save Item button. Your line item will be saved and reflected in the line item overview.
9. There may or may not be a notification prompting you to add an attachment at the line item or header level. Click the Add Attachment button and select a saved file off of your computer as supporting documentation. The system accepts most major file formats up to 100MB each. (not pictured)