A Blanket or “Limit” Request is a type of Non-Catalog Free Text request that consists of a requirement that will be delivered over a period of time.
1. From the Homepage, click the Create Request icon on the blue navigation bar. The Create a Request page will appear.
2. The Request Name is defaulted to your name plus the Request Number—it is optional, but recommended, to rename this request to something more recognizable.
3. The Requester area defaults to your own name. If you are buying on behalf of someone else, enter their name. Approvers will be able to see that you have placed the Request on that person’s behalf.
4. Verify the defaulted Shipping Address. See the Change Shipping Address section for more information on how to change the address.
5. Enter the Reason for Request. This is optional.
6. Scroll down to reveal the Line Item Overview.
7. Click the Add Line Item button. The line items details screen will pop up to be completed.
8. Input the following required General Information:
a. Type: The line item type is either a Product, Service, Blanket or Invoice Plan. You may create mixed service and product requests, but Blanket and Invoice Plan line items may not be mixed with any other Type.
b. Category: This lists all the preset options for your organization. Start typing in the first digits of the Category or Category description and make the selection using the drop down menu. Choose the Category that best fits what you are ordering.
c. Description: Type in the description of the Blanket Request.
d. Order Value: Enter the upper limit of your spend exceptions. The Order Value is the amount that your approver will approve, and will not be visible to the vendor. This should be a higher amount than the Expected Value.
e. Expected Value: Enter the amount that you expect to spend. Just in case if the Expected Value is exceeded, the Order Value displays your upper limit. Expected Value is the amount that the supplier will see, so they won’t see the higher amount of the Order Value and know there is extra money approved and available for use.
f. Currency: This area is defaulted for you.
g. Quantity: Enter the quantity.
h. UoM: The unit of measure is defaulted to Activity Unit (AU).
i. Validity Period: Select the Validity Period, or the duration of the Invoice Plan, using the calendar function.
9. If needed, input some or all of the following Accounting information:
a. Split Account Assignment: Splitting the Account Assignment is optional to use when required for the Request. Choose how to split your Account Assignment—choices include None, by Quantity, by Value, and by Percent. If split, the fields will update and require more information based on your selection.
b. Account Category: This will default to the Cost Object designated by your company’s Administrator. Your selection will update the following drop down menu to reflect your choice.
c. Cost Object: This selection automatically populates to your default Cost Object, but will vary based on your selection of the Account Category. The Cost Object drop down can be updated by choosing the options on the drop down menu.
d. G/L Account: If this is required by your organization, start typing the first few characters of the General Ledger Account number or description to reveal a drop down list provided by your organization. Make the appropriate selection using the drop down menu. If you don’t know what GL Account to choose, contact your finance team.
10. All of your Company Info is defaulted for you, but can be updated if needed.
11. Update the following required tax information (if needed):
a. Tax Code: The Tax Code will automatically default, but you are able to make changes when necessary.
b. Tax Value: No value needs to be entered in this area.
12. Click the Save Item button. Your line item will be saved and reflected in the line item overview.
TIP! Like Invoice Plans, you may only enter a single Blanket Line item per request, so don’t try to add more than one!
13. There may or may not be a notification prompting you to add an attachment at the line item or header level. Click the Add Attachment button and select a saved file off of your computer as supporting documentation. The system accepts most major file formats up to 100MB each.
14. Input any notes for the Approver or Supplier. This is optional.
15. Click the Submit Request button.
16. You will receive a “request submitted” notification at the top of the screen (not pictured). Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email.